Thursday 29 November 2012

£100 fine for parking error was too much


HAVING read various letters on bus lane driving and the £60 fine I had to laugh.
I recently parked in Keaton Road car park, Ivybridge. I put a £2 ticket (2 hours) on my car and went over the road for a dental appointment. After 17 minutes I returned to find a ticket on my windscreen, reason: exceeds marked bay area. How much? £100. I was shocked. The car park was almost empty so I was in no one's way. I am a pensioner and this is a lot of money to me.
As it is a private car park, the owners P.P.S can charge what they like. It is a disgrace and I hope this letter serves as a warning to anyone thinking of parking in Keaton Road. I never will again.
I would like to make it clear that I am not complaining about the fine, just the exorbitant amount!

No comments:

Post a Comment